Observatory International Newsletter – March 2023
7 reasons clients choose us
There are three types of problems that clients generally come to us to help them with:
- Agency rosters no longer fit-for-purpose
- Broken client-agency relationships
- Capabilities and resourcing issues in their own and agency teams
But this is why they hire us:
- Leadership with experience and authority. Giving strategic direction and recommendations.
- Augmenting their own resources to provide expertise, skills and bandwidth beyond their current capabilities.
- To provoke and bring fresh perspectives, challenging the status quo and identifying new opportunities.
- Transfer of knowledge and skills to their team, building internal capability and expertise.
- Insight-driven analysis of business practices, operations or performance.
- Assessment of their business against industry benchmarks and best practices.
- Candid and impartial advice, in situations where internal agendas could bias decision-making.
If you would like an informal conversation about the challenges you have and how we might help you do get in contact.
Pitch Positive Pledge
In 2022 we signed up to the Pitch Positive Pledge – an initiative by the IPA and ISBA in the UK to improve the behaviours of agencies and marketers around pitching – for the benefit of people, the planet and profit. And whilst it originated in the UK it has potential relevance internationally. The Pledge details the core commitments agencies and marketers should adhere to and outlines the various considerations they should take into account before, during and after the pitch process. It’s a valuable document and with the flurry of agency reviews we’ve been witnessing we feel it is worth marketers and agencies reminding themselves of the pledges to ensure a fair and balanced process.
With offices in 9 countries on 4 continents we combine global best practice and local insight and expertise to ensure fair and balanced pitches:
- Impartiality and independence – we take no fees or monies from agencies which ensures we find the best solution to meet your needs, with no conflict of interest.
- Value and expertise – we provide deep consultation focused on outcomes, rather than just running a process.
To find out how we have helped brands find their ideal partner take a look at some of our client reviews, or contact us to find out more.
There’s gold in your current agency roster
If you are running a pitch, it is really important to follow best practice, but in our view it is better to fix rather than pitch. In a recently published article Stuart Pocock our Co-founder and Managing Partner explains why taking a look at your existing roster and looking at the underlying issues in client and agency relationships might be the better place to start. To read the full article please click here.