8 things you need to know about The Observatory International
What we do and how we do it
- We’re a specialist management consultancy, entirely focused on marketing and communications – ensuring brands have the right operating models, capabilities, resources, ways of working and agency partnerships necessary for the future fitness and health of their business.
- We deliberately only work with brands. This means we don’t take any payment or any other means of funding from agencies. This is important to us, to ensure the integrity, impartiality and independence of the advice and recommendations we give to our clients.
- We are a global organisation – with 25 consultants we are small enough to be specialised and highly integrated; but big enough to bring the benefits of global best practice underpinned by local insight. Our diverse cultural insight and perspective means we get you to relevant and practical solutions more quickly.
- Our experienced consultants are drawn from diverse backgrounds (client-side, agency-side, NGO and consulting), we bring different experience, empathy and perspectives to problem solving for our clients, getting you quickly to pragmatic and workable solutions.
- We pride ourselves on our consulting excellence – recognised as a Forbes’ World’s Best Consulting Firms (2022), and a Financial Times UK Leading Management Consultant for three years in succession. Our accreditation by the Management Consultancies’ Association underpins our committed to its Code of Practice and standards of Consulting Excellence. We partner with the leading industry trade bodies, for example we are the optimisation partner for the World Federation of Advertisers.
- We’ve been operating since 2006. In that time we’ve worked as trusted advisors to over 300 clients worldwide in every sector. Our clients have the confidence in us to quickly get them to workable solutions to their operational marketing challenges. We provide deep consultation focused on outcomes, rather than just running a process.
- While we take no payment from agencies we invest time in understanding the agency landscape and with over 1,400 agency meetings each year we have our ‘finger-on-the-pulse’ of the agency eco-systems – understanding who’s ‘hot’ and which ones are underperforming.
- We have our own proprietary tools and our own in-depth databases of agency fees and agency performance metrics and criteria. These provide relevance, credibility and quality in the data we used to support our consulting work.
But don’t just take our word, you can find case studies and testimonials from clients here.