Observatory International Newsletter – December 2022
Marketing trends impacting brands and their agencies in 2023
Economic and socio-political forces are inevitably influencing the outlook for 2023. To help marketers build resilience and optimise their resources for a likely tough year ahead here are some of the trends we believe will be important in 2023.
- The continuing centralisation trend can provide more direction and focus in difficult times
- Working with fewer, highly focused agencies can offer more precision, less overlap of expensive resources
- On-going talent and resourcing challenges – culture and behaviours are increasingly important with evidence of a focus on constructive DEI and sustainability practices to attract and retain talent
- Ensure this is underpinned by training and motivational development plans to nurture team members
- Keep a razor-sharp focus on efficiency and effectiveness to really optimise shrinking budgets and make measurement and review a core competence for all communications team members
- Develop the right balance of brand and performance marketing for both B2B and B2C brands
If you would like to discuss any of these trends in more detail do get in contact.
World Federation of Advertisers – Global Marketer of the Year 2022
The shortlist for the WFA Global Marketer of the Year 2022 has been published. The award recognises individuals who have demonstrated exceptional abilities to help their brands and their teams thrive in a challenging environment. Lucinda Peniston-Baines our Co-founder and Managing Partner is on the panel of 15 marketing industry experts who helped select the shortlist. Voting to choose the winner is now open until 22 January 2023, with the winner announced in February.
In early 2023 we will be publishing in partnership with the WFA a report on Global Agency Remuneration Trends. The world is in a very different place to the one we looked at in 2018 when we produced the last report with the WFA on this subject. To find out more please contact us.